During the last decade technologies have been developed to allow cellulose processed from the Bamboo plant to be spun into viscose yarn.ErgoRest now covers all its mattresses, toppers and pillows with a luxurious Jacquard fabric which contains Bamboo fibres.
Here are some of the reasons and benefits of using Bamboo fibres in our fabrics:
- Bamboo plants do not require pesticides or fertilisers
- Bamboo plants contains naturally antimicrobial properties which helps reduce bacteria and keep the mattress fresh
- The bamboo fibre is naturally smooth and round without chemical treatment which means there are no sharp spurts that can irritate the skin. Our mattress ticking is therefore silky soft and luxurious
- Bamboo fibres are generally cooler and helps to reduce heat
- Bamboo plants are the fastest growing plants on earth (some species can grow over 100cm in a single day!) and therefore highly sustainable and replenishable.
- Bamboo is fast becoming the most eco-friendly material of the 21st century. It also generates up to 35% more oxygen than equivalent stands of trees whilst sequestering more carbon dioxide than other forested trees